About Wings Academy
The Wings Academy is a long standing and well recognized division of Angels Reach Academy, and one which facilitates extraordinary gains in children with special needs, especially those with Developmental Delays, Autism, Learning Variable Abilities, Fine Motor or Sensory difficulties, ADD/ADHD and Behavioral challenges. Angels Reach established the first clinical education program in our community in 2004, founding unique techniques which continue to prove that all students can raise their educational and functional achievements to the next level. Our extraordinary ratio of professionals to students offers an average commonly of one highly trained team member for every two students. Fully integrating various therapy focuses and research based interventions in highly individualized programming, including Applied Behavior Analysus, Occupational, Speech/Language, Socio-Relational (tm), Sensory Integration, Developmental Play skills, Movement Therapy, Acupressure, and Biomedical Resource support, the Wings Academy distinguishes itself through its innovative, compassionate and highly specialized professionals.
The origin of the Wings Academy programming came out of the personal need experienced by the founder's own child after receiving an Autism diagnosis. Exhaustive national searches for the most effective interventions, and collaboration from experts across multiple clinical, medical and educational fields led to the development of a unique program that was to become established as the first of its kind in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. Since its foundation in 2004, this uniquely effective model has now expanded into a full Pre-K through high school program which has proven to facilitate extraordinary achievement in functional, social, communicative and cognitive gains in children presenting with varying developmental delays.
The Angels Reach Wings Academy is distinguished by:
- State certified, degreed and intensively trained educators who also earn certification as Registered Behavior Therapists
- Certified and degreed (including Doctoral level) behavior analysts and clinical therapists.
- Intensive and continual in-house training ensuring that all teachers, assistant educators, therapists, supervisors and counselors are qualified to support multiple therapy modalities and teaching practices within individual, paired and small group settings
- Integration of the most supportive therapy methods throughout every comprehensive session facilitates optimal development across all areas of need.
- Focus on language, communication, social skills, self-regulation, functional living and individual cognitive abilities to support independence and continued growth.
- Daily one-on-one, paired, small group intensive attention by a professional, cross-trained and dedicated staff.
- Inclusion with specially trained peers who serve as peer mentors.
- Convenience and affordability of having the most successful interventions integrated within a school day at one location.
- Nurturing environment where a child’s individual strengths and needs are regularly monitored and challenged.
- Proven and established since 2004 to be uniquely effective at supporting maximum development in children.
- Parent support for participation includes private and/or group training as well as regular parent networking/support meetings.
- Special diets strictly observed with team members trained in basics of GF/CF food handling.
Be an angel
With the support of individuals and corporations, Angels Reach has the ability to touch the hearts and change the lives of the children who study in our School. It is with great pride that we acknowledge and thank our donors and sponsors for their acts of kindness and generous support.